The Veterinary Pharmacy provides services to all areas of the Veterinary Hospitals and is a member of the Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists.
- Provide pharmacy service to UF Veterinary Hospitals patients.
- Focus on patient care, student and clinician education.
- Serve as valued members of the Patient Care Team.
- Provide clinical, dispensing and compounding services.
- Dispensing prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients of both the Large and Small Animal Hospitals
- Clinical pharmacy consulting for hospital patients.
- Provide clinicians with assistance in medication therapy management.
- Drug information consults for faculty, staff, residents, interns, students and community practitioners.
- Compounding, sterile and non-sterile preparations. A variety of flavors available to suit patient needs. Sterile preparations include parenteral nutrition, ophthalmic preparations and other injectables.
- Regulatory resource for faculty and staff of the College of Veterinary Medicine and the UF Veterinary Hospitals
- Support the education mission of the college by providing daily clinical pharmacy instruction for veterinary students, interns and residents.